I recently met a brand new blogger. Organized Yogi. She may be new to blogging but she is starting a journey with a great plan to Bee Organized. Check this out.
Since I began incorporating minimalism into my lifestyle, I honestly feel so much lighter! Even though I wasn’t physically carrying around all the extra books, clothes and knick-knacks that I donated, I could feel their heaviness leave the house with them. To date, I have de-cluttered & minimized the following areas of our home: Kitchen (pantry, […]
You know that is not the best way to store your files right?
Did you know you have less security when you store your files on the desktop?
How about they may not get backed up? Many programs are designed to ignore the desktop. OUCH!! Also, in the event of a crash a restore program may not include those files on the desktop. Double Ouch!!
Oh by the way did you know that storing files on your desktop could actually slow down your computer?
Last but not least it is clutter. If you have a cluttered virtual desktop you may find it is not so easy to find what you need. Because there is too much stuff like Zip file, photos and other downloads. Just like a cluttered physical desktop. The more stuff you have to look at, browse, open or just move the longer it takes to find what you need. It’s easy to find that adorable kitten video or resume if that is the only thing on your desk. But if it is on the bottom of all that other stuff………Clutter, disorganization and feeling overwhelmed! How embarrassing would it be to confuse the kitten video for the resume if you expect to be considered for the job.
National Clean your virtual desktop day is upon us.
Perfect time to get organized!
Move those files. Create folders and then sub folders within your folders.
Example of possible folders and sub folders
Bee Organized with Pamela
Schedule (excel spread sheet
2016 – published
Work in progress
Possible ideas for future article
What ever you need to easily find your files, music, photo or the such is what you set up. I know it is so easy to save to the desktop but once you get the folders and you are organized it is super easy to save it there. Bonus you don’t have to search for your photo’s because they are all in your photo folder.
Create shortcuts if you need to on your desktop or create a virtual cheat sheet.
You can do it. Think of all the time you will save.
I love your comments and share with friends. They will thank you!
It would be fair to say that our home takes a thorough pounding, a combination of six of us, home educating and throw a curious energetic toddler to the mix and the result is….. well yep it’s pretty full on! It wouldn’t be unusual to find a worm on the kitchen table, an ant farm being cultivated in the (not switched on!) slow cooker, a football in the bath and the ever-present trail of raisins on the floor… As School holidays roll around I am itching to find the floor again, re-organise things and evacuate at least some of the spiders and redundant stuff that has slowly collected. I honestly don’t mind doing it as the benefits definitely outweigh the effort.
As I type we are currently over half way through our declutter and deep clean just the kitchen, utility room and garage to go…. Ahem – they have been left until last for good reason…. Here is why I love a good old spring clean…..
1) Supporting local charities and library – Its such a good feeling to load the car up with bags of clothes, toys and books and redistribute them. So far four huge bags of clothes have gone to the Salvation Army and two bags of books donated to our local library. Incidentally it seems going paperless doesn’t actually mean paperless, I still had a recycle bag full of paperwork to shred – at least the guinea pig was happy!
2) Finding all the missing items – I am pleased to report we have indeed found the missing charger, playmobil person and last puzzle piece, although it is always a mystery how they ended up in the airing cupboard,empty flour packet and bookshelf!
3) Making some pennies – The eBay/Amazon profits of the few items we list give us a good head start on some new resources, books, clothes. I don’t try to sell everything we clear out, I just don’t have the stamina for all that listing.
4) Aesthetic Appeal – Everything just feels fresher, lighter, more organised and it’s all quicker and easier to clean – for a while anyway. Since this is a fairly established pattern for us now it is not too onerous a task. I do remember the early days and our old playroom (you can read ‘Our Toy Story’ here) could take me days to get through never mind the whole house.
5) Developing good habits – Even my biggies recognise the benefits of a good clear out and they actually don’t moan about doing their bedrooms. They have complete control of their things and what to keep but are pretty sensible. I’m proud of them!
If you don’t hear from me next week I’ll perhaps be losing the will to live in the garage – but it will be so worth it!
She tells it like it is. You too can bee organized. I am here to help. Tell me about your decluttering adventures.