Hello, you know I am the Queen of Useless Trivial Knowledge and sometimes that knowledge is actually helpful.
Hang it up –
- When you are trying to hang an object with pre set screw holes. Take a photo of the back of the object you will be hanging. Print it off and voila you have a perfect template.
- Use masking tape to measure distance between the two holes, now put the tape on the wall.
- If you are hanging a large object. Place a dab of toothpaste on the back of the hanger to make your spot, then position the frame on the wall, press the frame against the wall to have the toothpaste mark the spot!
- If you are hanging a collage make a paper template of each object you will be hanging. Arrange the paper on the floor. Then nail the paper to the wall. Rip off the paper you are ready to place your objects.
- For hanging picture with the wire on the back. Make a helper; by taking a ruler drive a nail completely thru the ruler near one end of the ruler. Now you are going to be able to place the wire on the nail, press the nail into the wall and it will leave an indentation where you need to hammer in the hanging nail.
Clean if off –
- Use a pillowcase to clean your ceiling fans. Just slip the fan blade inside of the pillowcase, (throw it over the blade, and pull back towards the end. Your dust will fall into the pillowcase and not all over the floor or your bed or you.
- Place waxed paper on the top of your kitchen cabinets to catch dust and grease. You can easily replace it every few months.
- Place a damp sponge in your microwave for a few minutes the sponge will be serialized and all that steam will allow you to easily wipe the crud off of the inside of your microwave. Make sure you let the sponge set in there for a few minutes after the time to allow for cooling. That sponge will be sizzling HOT.
Remove it –
- Use a rubber band to remove a stripped screw. Place the rubber band on top to the screw and use your screwdriver to remove it as you normally would.
- Having trouble opening a jar or bottle – Place a rubber band around the lid. It will give you a little extra grip. You a can place another around the jar for double gripping power.
I am sure you have lots of tried and true tips as well. Want to share your best?
#cleaningtips #newpost #organized #overwhelmed #momlife #priorities #Seizetheday